Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bad Week= Unresponsive, Confrontational Me

So this week in my TPTE 486 class we started by going over what needed to be edited on our WebQuest pages. John and I were pretty tight, just a few very quick fixes and that all we needed. Other students in our class, however, were not so lucky. This resulted in John and I having not much to do for a while, which was fine with me. I helped John update his UT website since he was a little behind so I guess the free time was beneficial.

After this we began working on setting up our Google Docs accounts. This is actually a really great thing for me to learn because I edit my friends' papers all the time and I always get annoyed either haveing to instant message them step by step changes or having attatchments fail. I'm already planning to use Google Docs for a cooperative lesson plan I'm working on in my Introduction to Secondary Schools class.

Lastly we talked about correctly writing course objectives in a lesson plan. Hooray! The reason I say hooray is because I'm writing two lesson plans for two other classes right now and neither class has really gone over exactly what an objective is, so this was helpful. Dr. Obannon actually has an entire site dedicated to helping students through creating lesson plans.

With the last bit of class John and I talked about our lesson plan that is due next week. We're doing an introductory lesson on existentialism. My number one irritant is that bridging his French and my English curriculums is a bit of a pain, but we get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment